Sunday 1 December 2019

Missing pieces

"Pieces are missing!" I mumbled as I sifted through the pile of heart and mind bits on the floor.

"Maybe, or you never had those pieces before," the spirit of wisdom chuckled to himself.

My heart had exploded into fragments when i first met her. Then, when she smiled, my mind crumbled in awe of her grace,  eloquence, and beauty.

In the aftermath of our meeting, I scrambled to reassemble a functioning existence. Unsure of which pieces went where, I had a feeling bits of me were missing.

"Maybe," the jesting spirit continued, "maybe she has the bits you need?"

I shot a look in the spirit's direction, hoping for  a  clue, but got none. "Pffft!" I dismissed his comment as a ruse, but secretly, internally, I flung myself to the feet of hope.

Im not able to share how she feels, but I can tell you this: the sound of her voice yanks my world from blood into grey, and a glimpse of her smile wrings the grey into daybreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The importance of using values to make decisions

Making decisions can be tough. From small decisions, such as what to have for breakfast, to life-changing decisions, like which career path ...