Wednesday 8 January 2020

How would you fare in the Dragons Den?

How well would you fare in the Dragon's Den?

 Inspired by the TV show, where entrepreneurs stand in front of potential investors to ask for money for a share of the business, I started to wonder ...

 Not that I'm starting a company and need investment. No, I wondered how I would fare in front of a panel pitching me, and what I believe about the world and all in it.

I'm not one to be easily swayed by the opinions of others. I past needing validation from people a long time ago. I wanted to know: if I was "the company," would people choose to invest or not.

Cowardness, or fear of the truth or (maybe) both, caused me to forego a panel of real people. Instead I elected a panel of mirrors.

 I took the tall, thin mirror from the hallway. In my mind this mirror represent a tall, thin man, experienced in business, especially finance, intelligent, and maybe a little mean and a little cold.

 I took the rectangular mirror with its pine frame from the bathroom. In my mind this mirror represented a balanced stoic person, also experienced and wise in life and business, but with a sense of the "natura worldl" and kind.

 I took the double sided mirror, normal or one side, magnified on the other, to represent the "different" person, spontaneous and a little reckless, that offers a really different perspective on life.

 The "panel" of mirrors sat in the dining room and quietly listened to my "sales pitch." When the pitch was over, I gave each mirror-person an opportunity to give me honest and open feedback.

I learned a lot about my image today, and about how others perceive me. The biggest lesson I got from this exercise is that our own inner voice is not as mean, off-the-wall, and as foreign as I had initially thought.

I discovered today that given a chance my Mind Mutter, my inner voice, can produce meaningful, clever and positive advice for success in my own life.

I will pitch more ideas to my personal Dragon's Den Panel in the future.

So, how well would you fare in your personal Dragon's Den

No comments:

Post a Comment

The importance of using values to make decisions

Making decisions can be tough. From small decisions, such as what to have for breakfast, to life-changing decisions, like which career path ...