Sunday 26 January 2020

To you, I say thank you

Today, I reflected on the people that were, that are, and that will be, on my life's path.

 Some of the memories were of terrible clashes and conflict, and I still bare the wounds and scars. Some of the reflections were filled with incredible kindness and love. Today, I chose to greet all of the memories with gratitude.

 Every soul we meet brings a gift. Some people on my path brought difficult lessons that were bitter pills to swallow, and to you I say thank you. Some people were brightly burning stars, that brought amazing light for an instant, and then vanished. To all of you, I also say thank you.

 Every soul we meet takes a gift with them. When some people left my life, they took with them things I wanted but didn't need, and to you I say thank you. Others left with what I needed but didn't want. Some left with things I need and want. To all of you, I say thank you. 

 To those souls no longer on my path, I will remember you. Some names have a place in my heart that I visit often, some I visit too often. To all of you, I say thank you.

 Then, there are incredible souls still on my path, points of brilliant light, that share, shape and shave my life. To each of you, oh goodness, I say thank you. To those in my life that balance the light, I also say thank you.

 And then, there is you. Against all odds, defying all reason, you are in my life too. Despite the season, here you are, laughingly unravelling the knots. Looking ahead on this path, I realise that life has no guarantees. With your hand in mine, now is full of sunshine, and to you I say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The importance of using values to make decisions

Making decisions can be tough. From small decisions, such as what to have for breakfast, to life-changing decisions, like which career path ...