Saturday 13 March 2021

Connection celebrated

Do you know what the best thing is about admitting you're confused, lost or purposeless? 

 Connection. 

 Being confident about your future has an amazing way of rattling the cages of those around you. People less certain about their own future aren't fans of those that seem to have their shit together. 

The purposeful can come across as smug, arrogant and less in need of what us 'plebs' have to offer. 

 It's intimidating to be around those that have a mission, vision and a meaningful purpose. It somehow makes them untouchable, non-vulnerable and most certainly not in need of my help. 

My experience has taught me that it's harder to connect with those already inspired, mainly because they seem immune or not in need of what I have to offer the world. As much as I can and do applaud their achievements, connection suffers. 

This thought caused me to reflect on how others see me, and how I make them feel when they are around me. I realised that many people shut down tighter than a clam at low tide when we are together. 

Honest reflection also made me realise that I need help too, and often feel lost or directionless. 

What an amazing experience it was to admit that. 

People from all walks of life started to offer advice, support and guidance for a reason which I am confused, in which they are subject matter experts. Connection happened. 

Dear leader, manager, entrepreneur, foreman, husband, wife, parent and child, your vision never was, nor will ever be, more important than connection. For each other, with each other, we are in this life together. 

Play your part.


Come visit on the new website: https://www.johnusher.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

The importance of using values to make decisions

Making decisions can be tough. From small decisions, such as what to have for breakfast, to life-changing decisions, like which career path ...