Thursday 16 January 2020

Mission is the way, the truth and the life

Our personal development and life success is directly linked to the statement: "I am the way, the truth and the life."

   Each of our missions in life uses this legendary quote as a map to growth through: focus, momentum and mastery.

   Just in case the process is not clear: focus equates the way, momentum equates the truth, and mastery equates the life.

   Some people incorrectly hold the belief that we must first discover truth, which then magically opens "the way" for us. In reality, we need to progress along the way in order to discover our personal truth.

   Testing the leadership model, the U49, I set out on a personal growth path, exercising my mission as I went. I had preselected a random mission as part of an experiment to prove the effectiveness of the leadership model.

   The experiment required me to dedicate one hour a day of focused time and effort, performing the various tasks within my selected mission, for a period of one hundred days.

   One hundred days of focused mission led to the most amazing discoveries around my own truth and offered an unpolluted understanding of life and purpose.

  The combination of focus and truth had the unexpected and welcome effect of me establishing a reputation as a subject matter expert within the mission - and I had a blast doing it! Oh goodness, it was fun!

   What the experiment taught me was that standing still exposes us to unnecessary drama and frustrations in our life. I discovered that abundant life is found in focusing on a way, and taking a deliberate step down that path each and every day.

    What am I saying to you? Friend, pick a path, shake the dust of daily drama from your feet, and move your butt down that road. Truth will rise up to meet you, grab you by the bottom lip, and fling you at the feet of a better and more abundant life. You've gotta know - its the way first, then truth, then life. You've got to take the first step!

  You've got to make the effort, but, trust me when I say, it will be worth every drop of sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The importance of using values to make decisions

Making decisions can be tough. From small decisions, such as what to have for breakfast, to life-changing decisions, like which career path ...